Northwest Association for Blind Athletes relies on volunteers to support our
life-changing programs for individuals of all ages and abilities with visual impairments. Each year, we are supported by over 150 community members who volunteer at program events, help with office tasks, sit on boards and committees and more to help us make a difference.
Program Volunteer Opportunities:
Volunteer with NWABA for athletic events throughout the year. Examples
- Tandem Bike Pilot—riding a tandem bike during biking events with visually impaired individuals.
- Event Support—operate a booth, set up and take down event sport equipment, take donations and sell concessions, be a driver for blind athletes going to and
- Help at a tournament or competition—be a game scorer and help to run a game
Volunteer Coaching Opportunities:
NWABA has positions available for people that want to volunteer their time as a coach for our athletes. We have a long-term plan to attract many more athletes, and that means that we will need more coaches. If you have experience, interest, or a background in coaching, please contact us to learn more.
Administrative & Development Volunteer Opportunities:
Volunteers help to support our day-to-day operations.
- Committees – serve on one of our various committees (Gala Auction, Development, Finance, etc.).
- Mailings – help address, fill and sort mailings for fundraising and program events.
- Inventory – help track and manage adaptive sports equipment.
NWABA asks that any volunteers under the age of 17 consult with the volunteer coordinator to determine if they meet the requirements for volunteering.